Credentialing is the process of obtaining and reviewing a clinicians documentation to determine a status of participation privilege in a health plan. Documentation should be provided by the applicant and must include their education, clinical privileges, accreditation, certifications, professional liability insurance, malpractice history and professional competence.
To become credentialed for the first time, you will provide:
· Attestation, signature and date
· Curriculum Vitae
· Work history (month/year format)
· Copy of DEA and/or CDS certificate
· Copy of malpractice insurance
· Summary of pending or settled malpractice cases if applicable